Representation can refer to:
- Representation (politics), one's ability to influence the political process
- Legal representation or advocacy is provided by lawyers
- Lobbying for a group of individuals or companies
- In unionised workplaces, shop stewards and union executives can represent employees
- The legal status of a statement made with regards to contract law, with consequences for misrepresentation
- A fiction of the law which causes a person to enter into another's right of succession, called 'representation,' and also called 'substitution'.
- Representation (arts), the depiction and ethical concerns of construction in visual arts and literature.
- Depiction is a form of non-verbal representation in which two-dimensional images (pictures) are regarded as viable substitutes for things seen, remembered or imagined.
- Social representation is a stock of values, ideas, beliefs, and practices that are shared among the members of groups and communities